Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Shadowhunters 2x11 Mea Maxima Culpa

OMG the show is back and ready to prove it place as one of the best-book-turned-TV-shows of all time. You want to know why... because it KEEPS GETTING BETTER!

I'm warning you know this will have spoilers. SPOILERS- you've been warned

Okay to start off right, for those who haven't seen, this is a promo for the season to come. I would show the preview to only this episode but for some reason YouTube doesn't know how to separate their promo videos. WHATEVER I'm over it.

One of the many promos to 2b


Yum, Yum, Yum right. This season is sure to be full of drama and action. 

Okay so 2x11 aka Mea Maxima Culpa

According to the ever handy google and google translate "mea maxima culpa" means I have failed. Let's see if we can figure out what this title was relating to in the episode

First thing first, the scene everyone and their mamma have been talking about. The Jace and Alec fight scene which is being dubbed Parabatai Training. It was so kind of the writers, editors, and producers to give us a beautiful demonstration of all the HARD work our favorite men have been doing. Now that their relationship is back to being solid, it's good to see these best friends being best friends


Look at them looking H.O.T. hot. Thank you. Is anyone feeling chemistry? If I didn't know any better I'd think they had something in the works but I do know better so and they don't... have anything going. 
Moving on. For all the ... Climon fans out there, this episode is tortured gifted with a Climon scene that ends with a Jealous Jace moment

I know it's sad but Jealous Jace is so adorable. Do you remember from "part a" when Simon drank Jace's blood. Well, that did something to Simon, it changed him. He can know walk in the ... SUN

It's great that he can walk in the sun really. I'm excited for him... but this complicates my Clace plan. Climon fans this is all I'm giving you. Soak in those rays because the clouds are coming in.

Moving passed the Climon/Clace debate, there is a new villain in town. 

His name is Azazel. Azazel has this really fun ability that he uses to turn people into a sand  dust dirt. Look it was a gray substance.

What are your instincts telling you? Evil or really Evil. Nevertheless more eye candy on this show couldn't hurt. So after Azazel murders a bar filled with people he "accidentally" stumbles onto Izzy and guess what he is looking for. The cup... the cup that controls and creates more problems then these people can actually deal with. 

Speaking of problems, Izzy has a bad, bad cause of the shakes
Big bro Alec is looking after his sis but he just doesn't know how to help. Izzy almost has a relapse which is why we find her trying to get a bite from Raphael. He refuses because he "really cares about her", a topic I am still debating. Izzy then goes looking for other vamps to cure her of her temors which is when she runs into Azazel and ... Sebastian. He comes to the rescue looking like trouble. The following is a clip I put together of Sebastian.


For those that know, doesn't this make sense. For those that don't, I thought it was fitting. Is there another song that you think fits? 

Also just so everyone is aware if they try to make Sebastian and Izzy into something I will be done. Like all the way done. Also if it has to happen- which I hope it doesn't- they will not be called Sizzy. I 100% refuse to call them Sizzy. Who's with me!

Speaking of Raphael he was being super threatening towards my boo Simon.  
Basically it went like this 

Raphael: So I hear you can walk in the sun
Simon: Where did you hear that
R: A little birdie told me
S: Well... umm... that little birdie... lied
R: Did he?
S: ...
R: How did you do it? I'm older, you must tell me
S: I honestly told you everything
R: You better have


Trouble is definitely coming Simon's way, in more ways than one. The other one being Clace because guess what Jace and Clary ARE NOT BROTHER AND SISTER. We are no longer shipping incest- GO US!!! That is one of the major things I am looking forward to this season Clace and of course Malec

Speaking of Malec, we were able to get a few scenes from them in this episode but in my opinion they were kinda weak. Is that what happens after a passionate chase- chaste kisses and few conversations.But the scenes we did get show off their loyalty to each other and their friends. Because of Magnus, Alec had a semi-civil chat with Raphael about Izzy and we all know how Alec feels about Raphael. So in the end, I guess it was enough but I am demanding more from everyone-Clace and Malec and Sizzy (Simon and Izzy) if that happens.

On the Luke front, he has lost control of his pack because they believe he can no longer be trusted. The man ACCIDENTALLY got the whole pack killed. How was he to know that Jace's touch would activate the sword? Literally know one but Valentine and his minions knew that Jace or Clary would activate the sword. Anyway, there is only Maia and a few others left in the pack. Luke also has a new partner. I can't tell if she is genuinely nosing or if she is a spy for someone. 

My bet is that she and Sebastian are teaming up with Val. That seems like a good team. Val would be the mastermind, Sebastian would go undercover in the Institute and with the team, and the partner has Luke covered. All bases are set... batter up!

Finally, we get to the end of the episode, the cliff-hanger that sets up the next episode. During the episode Clace, Malec, and Val summon Azazel because they originally thought that Azazel had Izzy. You know what you can just watch the clip



Did you see? Did ya? Okay watch it again because something very important happened that I didn't get at first. You are going to want to watch it again once you see the promo to the next episode. This is one thing I am not going to spoil.

To make a complete circle. "I have failed" or Mea Maxima Culpa. Can you tell what the title was trying to tell us? Because I couldn't see many failures except the good guys are once again setting themselves up to be blinded by the bad guys. What do you think?

By my judgement, this episode set up the season and I can't wait for more.

Here is a promo to the next episode
What did I tell you. Now go back to the clip and see the clue you missed. Did you get it now?  Don't worry I also had to re-watch it to get it.

Hope you enjoy my review. There is more to come. Google plus me to stay updated also follow me on TvTime my user is hidden32. I will be posting my reactions and some memes

Hope to see you soon







No comments:

Post a Comment